- Event Time 12:00 am-11:30 pm
- Event Start Date August 6, 2019
Safe Streets Campaign is a proud co-sponsor of the 36th annual National Night Out Against Crime in Tacoma-Pierce County. On Tuesday, August 6, 2019, you and your neighbors will join more than 38 million neighbors in 16 thousand other communities across all fifty states, U.S. territories, Canadian cities and military bases worldwide in taking a stand against crime.
Groups will gather in the streets on which they live, holding block parties, barbecues, picnics, cookouts, safety fairs, and other events to celebrate their efforts to maintain safe and healthy neighborhoods. They will also discuss crime prevention, neighborhood safety, and ways in which they can promote non-violence through their active participation. We call this community mobilization and we know it is the most effective means of strengthening our neighborhood and deterring crime.
Registration for National Night Out is now open!
National Night Out is designed to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness
- Generate support and participation in local anti-crime efforts such as Community-Oriented Policing and neighborhood organizing
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and unity
- Support community and police relations/cooperation
- Send a clear message that our neighborhoods are organized and will not tolerate illegal activity
Once you have completed registration, check out the following resources for making your NNO event a success:
- National Night Out Planning Guide 2019 (PDF)
- Customizable Flyer NNO 2019 (Word)
- Customizable Flyer NNO 2019 (PDF)
2019 National Night Out Events:
This map shows registered events in Pierce County that have allowed their information to be shared. It was last updated on 7/5/2019 and will be updated again approximately once per week. Please contact Safe Streets with any questions or concerns about this map.