Champion Breakfast | August 31, 2016
New Website Announcement | August 2, 2016
National Night Out 2016 | July 26, 2016
#impactURdrive Initiative | July 10, 2016
Restaurant Takeover | October 25, 2015
Champion Breakfast | August 24, 2015
National Night Out 2015 | July 30, 2015
#YouLeadChange Campaign | July 14, 2015
Walk for Safe Streets | June 17, 2015
Safe Streets Campaign | June 17, 2015
March Against Crime | June 3, 2015
Stand Strong Against Cyberbullying | May 14, 2015
Beyond I-502 | April 14, 2015
Fighting Crime through Environmental Design | February 26, 2015
Raikes Foundation | October 28, 2014
Here you will be able to quickly and efficiently access organization information and logos.
Vision & Mission:
Imagine every one of us lives in a safe, thriving neighborhood.
Safe Streets mobilizes grassroots community change by:
- Motivating and inspiring action in the community
- Teaching leadership strategies so community members solve their own problems
- Assisting neighborhoods and youth to define their vision for change
- Connecting people and organizations for success
Safe Streets is the first private, nonprofit organization that unites neighbors against crime — a model for other programs nationwide. Serving Tacoma and Pierce County since 1989, Safe Streets equals a safe community. Both private and public funds support Safe Streets’ community efforts.
- Over the past 26 years, Safe Streets has successfully established 125 block groups and coalitions that involve over 13,340 active neighborhood volunteers who engage in crime intervention and prevention activities.
- According to an evaluation performed by Pacific Lutheran University in 2014, 95% of youth involved in Youth Leading Change believe they can be effective leaders and stated that they are likely or extremely like to attend college.
- Safe Streets provides certified Crime Prevention through Environmental Design review services for business. This includes an onsite inspection and commendations for crime deterring improvements.
- Safe Streets promotes and helps organize National Night Out block parties spanning Tacoma and Pierce County. In 2014, over 90 groups with more than 9,750 people gathered in the streets celebrating their efforts to maintain safe and healthy neighborhoods.
Meet Safe Streets staff here.
Call 253.272.6824 or Email Safe Streets for more information.