- Event Time 12:00 am-11:30 pm
- Event Start Date August 4, 2020
Safe Streets Campaign is a proud co-sponsor of the 37th annual National Night Out Against Crime in Tacoma-Pierce County. On Tuesday, August 4, 2020, you and your neighbors will join more than 38 million neighbors in 16 thousand other communities across all fifty states, U.S. territories, Canadian cities and military bases worldwide in taking a stand against crime.
Groups will gather in the streets on which they live, holding block parties, barbecues, picnics, cookouts, safety fairs, and other events to celebrate their efforts to maintain safe and healthy neighborhoods. They will also discuss crime prevention, neighborhood safety, and ways in which they can promote non-violence through their active participation. We call this community mobilization and we know it is the most effective means of strengthening our neighborhood and deterring crime.
National Night Out is designed to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness
- Generate support and participation in local anti-crime efforts such as Community-Oriented Policing and neighborhood organizing
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and unity
- Support community and police relations/cooperation
- Send a clear message that our neighborhoods are organized and will not tolerate illegal activity
Safe Streets acknowledges the uncertainty around COVID-19 and is monitoring the news and official statements to make the best decisions concerning NNO. At this time, please register your events and plan on hosting/attending National Night Out normally. We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of Pierce County community members, and will make any changes to the event known as soon as possible to registrants.
Once registration is completed and your event is confirmed, check out the following resources for making your NNO event a success: