At Safe Streets, we believe neighbors have the power to change the places they live.
That’s why we connect neighbors with each other, facilitate neighborhood groups, and provide you with the education and resources you need to make your environment clean and safe.
Meeting as neighbors to take charge and make change is the most critical and lasting way to make sure the community where you live, work, and play functions the way it needs to and is free of graffiti, noise, drugs, and blight.
What can Safe Streets do to help your neighborhood thrive?
Our Neighborhood Organizing Program develops and supports neighborhood-led groups so they can advocate for resources and government services more effectively and problem-solve issues that are affecting neighbors the most.
It makes sense to come together to discuss issues such as suspicious activity, neighborhood beautification, or building connections with city, county, and police resources.
Getting together to address issues and make neighborhood improvements makes us all smarter residents and deters neighborhood crime.
We’re proud to provide concrete support to help neighborhoods become even better places to live.
To support neighborhoods, Safe Streets can:
Assess your neighborhood’s specific needs
- Provide education and training for neighborhood leaders, local businesses, and individuals committed to change
- Build connections between neighbors, local businesses, and service providers through networking events and resources
- Team up with partner organizations on community projects
Contact email@example.com to get started!
The neighborhood groups supported by Safe Streets operate under a set of guiding principles that lead to productive working relationships and positive change.
We believe that:
- There is plenty of blame to go around. Since we all share the same problem, we can all participate in the solution.
- We don’t have all the answers. There is no one answer to all these problems. We must work together to find solutions.
- We must remain people of goodwill with open minds.
- We recognize the value and the strength of community members.