City Resources

City of Tacoma—Quick Reference Guide

Call 911 for Police, Fire, Life threatening, Medical emergency, or Dangerous activity 

Call (253) 798-4721 for Non-Emergency – Suspicious activity, crimes that are not currently in progress. Report online at  

Call 311* for Code Compliance, Graffiti, Abandoned Vehicles, Street Lights Burned Out, Illegal Dumping, Homeless Encampments, and all city related issues 

*If 311 is not working or you are outside the City of Tacoma, call (253) 591-5000. 

Call (253) 272-6824 for questions about Safe Streets, Safe Streets groups, or about home exterior security (CPTED) assessments 

Other Numbers 

Animal Control: (253) 627-7378

Metro Parks: (253) 305-1000 

Pierce Transit: (253) 581-8000           

Fire Prevention: (253) 591-5740 

Call 2 Haul: (253) 573-2468                 

Garbage & Recycling: (253) 591-5543 

Tacoma Schools: (253) 571-1000 

Tacoma Libraries: (253) 292-2001 

Tacoma Utilities: (253) 502-8600 

City Council: (253) 591-5100 

United Way (Local Social Services): 211 

Positive Interactions (Commercial Homeless Response): (253) 382-2677 

Comprehensive Life Resources (Residential Homeless Response): (253) 396-5065 

Additional Resources 

Tacoma Neighborhood Councils: Tacoma’s Neighborhood Councils are eight independent non-profit citizen organizations, which work to support and promote citizen-led efforts to improve their neighborhoods, with assistance from City of Tacoma staff. Visit the website to learn about your neighborhood council.

Community Policing Program (Community Liaison Officers): 

This program is a division of the Tacoma Police Department, which works to provide strong collaboration between the Police Department and the community. Community Liaison Officers (CLOs) are separate from patrol officers, responding directly to community member emails and calls. They also attend neighborhood meetings to hear directly from you. Visit the city’s website to learn about your sector and CLOs.