Safe Streets believes that getting to know our neighbors and working together to make change leads to safer, healthier, and happier communities. We have done this work in Tacoma/Pierce County for over thirty years, collaborating with residents to improve one neighborhood at a time. We won’t rest until every neighborhood is safe!
Neighborhood groups decide what issues they want to change. Safe Streets connects them with the tools and resources in order to make those changes. What are some issues that groups work on?
- Cleaning up shared spaces in neighborhoods
- Working with code enforcement to clean up derelict properties
- Establishing & maintaining a community garden, free library, or food pantry
- Creating and maintaining safer streets & neighborhoods
- Working together to improve where we live!
Safe Streets works to connect neighbors with the tools and resources they need to make positive change in their communities. We offer a variety of training workshops and work closely with city and county departments to provide guidance when navigating these services.
Upcoming Neighborhood Group Meetings
We don’t have any upcoming events at this time, but please check back soon.
Find a group to join in your neighborhood, or reach out and learn how to organize a new one. See where we work and find a group to get involved.